Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our homeschooling style

There are many ways to homeschool anywhere from unschooling to a very structured online school based program. Our way is somewhere in between. Although I love the idea of unschooling my planning side of me won't let me totally go there. My husband also likes the idea but he needs a schedule so this obviously doesn't totally work for us. We do try to implement some of the unschooling ideas into history and science and we use more of a curriculum based program for the other subjects. We have to tweek our program for two totally different learning styles and abilities. One for my advanced daughter who can't wait to learn. One for my academically challenged son who would rather be helping dad in the yard than doing sit down work. What works for you.

1 comment:

  1. I would have to agree with you!:-) We are somewhere in the middle ourselves and that has worked out well for us. I have often had to learn to think outside the box and go with the flow. :-)

    ReplyDelete