Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Wow, I am a terrible blogger. It has been over a week. This is new to me so bare with me. I plan to eventually share things that work for us in homeschooling with both a neurotypical child and a child with developmental delays and autism. We also have an infant who is now mobile which puts a new dynamic on homeschooling. One thing I like about homeschooling is the fact that we are not constrained my school schedules. It is Christmas Eve and we decided today and yesterday to do half days and put them together for one full day. In our state one of the legal ways of homeschooling is to be registered under an umbrella school. We like this way best because we just have to submit quarterly how many days we've done. This has to total 180 days from July 1st to June 30th. We usually have over 200. We get to say what a day consists of also. This is why we will say half days if we feel we have only covered half of what we do in a typical day. We keep a journal of the days school work to be accountable for ourselves. We like the idea of unschooling we are just a little to structured or unstructured naturally for this. I am not a creative mother as many of you are so I need instructions, plans, and supplies handed to me in order to do something creative when it comes to teaching. So although we use different curriculums for school we don't stick to them exactly. We hodge podge from one curriculum to the other depending on the child, (the way they learn), or the amount of prep time for mom. Little to none is preferred. I like many of us do not have enough time in my day. Tomorrow no school it is a celebration of Christ's Birth. A party!! Yea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment