Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Unschooling

So today (12/13/08) I was sleeping as my hubby did some arts and crafts with the kids. I work 12 hour nights every other weekend so my husband steps up to the plate while I'm sleeping. We hadn't done much with decorating our tree as I didn't feel like digging through all the boxes to get to the Christmas ornaments. My husband gets the great idea to make paper ornaments with the kids. (my husband is the creative one in this household) They used the Cookie cutters we have as templates to trace construction paper and yarn. What a great tree we have with homemade ornaments by my children and we count this as a partial day of school. They also helped with household chores such as folding clothes. (something they are still learning to do.)

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I still need to get the kids ornaments for this year. I saw a neat idea using balloons, string, glue, and glitter. (Martha Stewart)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea your hubby sounds great! Here is a gold medal for homeschooling. Merry CHRISTmas! May God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete